I really don't remember how exactly this came about, but sometime before the holiday break my principal mentioned that he would LOVE to have the school logo painted in the conference room...
I was so excited to get the students going that I forgot my camera the first week.
We started out with yardsticks to measure our space. After we found the center, we projected an overhead of the school logo onto the wall. After a little more measuring, we decided how far apart and how much farther up the wall the other logos should go and projected the the next image. By the end of the first meeting, we had two logos traced and ready to be painted!
Over the weekend, I went to Lowe's and stared at paint chips for a half hour or so. I'm pretty pleased with the color selections and even more pleased with the reasonably priced sample size paint. Each container covers a four by four foot area. Our logos are about forty inches round, so we should have plenty of paint for under $40!
I can't wait to see the finished product!
I have to say too that its really incredible to see a dozen 13 and 14 year olds working together. I love it! And I'm jealous because I'm not painting anything! They have it all under control. So far I've just passed our wet paper towels for the"oops" and give some pointers here and there. They get to have all the fun!