Sunday, October 30, 2011

Where Did October Go?

This week I really started to feel the craziness...
Monday was the seconding meeting of the Sketchbook Project Club.
Tuesday was pretty awesome. My job for our fundraiser was to sit outside, on a beautiful fall day, and keep track of how many laps kids did on their bicycles. Each student asked sponsors for a flat donation or so much money per lap walking, running, roller blade-ing, scooter-ing or biking. The money goes to the PTO who in turn purchase equipment, like ceiling mounted projectors, for the teachers this year. I really hope I get one! -- I also had a city wide mentor meeting in the afternoon! The rest of the school week went per usual... feeling all over the place with classes and students at so many different places.
Meanwhile, its a little after mid-term graduate school wise and I feel like I will be holding my breath for a few more weeks. I spent the majority of this weekend working on the book I am self publishing for my Critical and Multicultural Analysis in Children's Literature and the Arts class. Above is an illustration I did of the two characters in the book. The girl on the left is me, circa eighth grade, and the girl on the right is my best friend. The story goes back and forth between our points of view while experiencing a tragedy. I find it really rewarding to be publishing this story but right now, I can't wait to be done!



Thankfully, I found time to relax this afternoon and carve my pumpkin for Halloween tomorrow! I really couldn't tell you the last time I actually carved a pumpkin. I think its been years. It was fun and I am happy with my little, silly kitty.



No comments:

Post a Comment