Tuesday, August 19, 2014

7.27


Packing for any vacation is a bit of a daunting task for me. Sometimes just getting ready for work, I will put on three different shirts and change my shoes five times before I am comfortable and happy. Why? I don't know. We joke that I should have a "swear jar," but instead of putting a quarter in every time I cuss, I should give every time I change my outfit. Needless to say, packing for two and a half weeks where I would need formal wear, casual dress, beach attire and comfortable excursion clothes, took a while, not to mention we were moving!


I arrived in the Tampa area mid- week and had a few days to relax with family. My nana and I had some time at Clearwater Beach before a typical summer thunderstorm rolled in, and my mom and I had a lovely evening of mani- pedis and dinner out. We even caught at Red Sox game at Tropicana Field. (of course we lost) By Sunday evening, this was the view of Tampa from the back of the Carnival Legend. 


About two hours later, the cruise ship had to squeeze under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. I've driven over it. Its really high!



But the tail of the ship only had about twelve feet of clearance!

Worst part of the Day: I don't think there was much of a negative the first day! Other than there being tons of people on deck and in the pools as we set sail. But then, there are literally thousands of people on board.

Best part of the Day: Immediately being catered to. Oh that sounds so snobby! But I think that service is part of the cruising culture and it was pretty amazing how quickly waiters made themselves available, even learning your name and using it when asking about the next round of drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment