Monday, January 17, 2011

you'd be home by now

I love long weekends.
but I hate the dread of having to go back to work and realizing I should have gotten more work done!

its not that I dread by job. in fact, I have even gotten lots of positive feedback lately. its more the process and realization that its time to get back to the grind. --- last week I was asked to pass in my plan book, the spaces I fill in not nearly large enough to describe everything we do in a forty-five minute period. not to mention, its written in a language I can understand, so I wasn't sure how it would be received. when it was returned, there was a note inside from my principal saying "... if I had had an Art teacher like you when I was in school I might have actually enjoyed it, not to mention I may have even been a tad successful and maybe even learned something about Art!" I was grinning from ear to ear. how awesome!?

the following day was a snow day and I was more than happy about that. I signed up for the Sketchbook Project 2011 and with the postmark date looming at the end of the week, I had a ton to do. seriously, I totally cheated, gluing pages together and tearing more than half out! but it felt amazing to spend a whole working on my art, not an example or practice piece for school. the process was also therapeutic, the movie quote I used for inspiration has been my favorite for years, but now holds new meaning.








after rushing to finish the project, I put it in the mail Friday, after I was at school (on my day off) doing progress reports. when I got home, I had an email stating the postmark date was extended!

this week in room 15, grades 2, 6, and 7 are working on activities learning about Matisse. grades 3 and 4 are working on their "Snowmen at Night." grade 5 is working on Maud Lewis inspired tempera paintings while grade 8 is venturing into positive and negative space!

No comments:

Post a Comment