Thursday, September 3, 2015

Sweet, Sweet Organization



I feel like every summer I tackle the supply closet...
Apparently not last summer though. Or at least there are no pictures as evidence. 

But you almost have to. Last school year about four different people were sharing my closet. By June 30th, I didn't want to look at anything school related and I knew it would still be here in August, so I left it alone. You do your best to put things back, but I feel like if you don't have a system, that is easier said than done.


One of the biggest things I have noticed over the last couple of years at the high school are piles of random sized paper getting tossed back on the shelf. We don't allow students in this closet, so we take out the paper we need when we need it. And then somehow piles accumulate. With better organization, maybe I/we can take that extra step to put it back in the appropriate spot.


I also moved the things we use most often to the front of the closet for easy grab and go. A shoe box full of glue is easy to move in and out for a class or two and if you run out of erasers, they are at eye level right inside the door.


And if that door is propped open, you will be greeted by John Adams, his skateboard and some handy T squares!


Now if only I could find my desk...
I have two more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment